Holy wow, friends.
My life has turned around. For the better, I hope.
I quit my job. It was draining me, making me sad, making me cry, making me throw up. I couldn't take it.
I now have another job (still seven days left at the job I quit--yes, I gave two weeks) that will be a lot less time and a lot less money.
I am ecstatic. ECSTATIC.
Why? I MISS having time. I MISS caring about what I spend. The past couple of years I have fallen into the 9-5ish pattern of wake, drink expensive coffee, have lunch out, spend time at work feeling unfulfilled, spend a goddamned hour commuting and listening to bad radio, and then drinking a shit ton to make it all feel numb. Then repeat the proceeding, but with a hangover. Ugh.
So. I will be making significantly less"guaranteed" income per month. SIGNIFICANTLY LESS. Like less than half. Like a third of what I made before.
Everyone seems worried. I am not.
Here's what will save my butt in this situation:
1. I switched rooms with my brother. Hey now pays me more rent. +$200
2. I will not be commuting 20 miles round trip each day +$150ish
3. I will not be tempted to eat lunch out with my colleagues because I won't have colleagues +$125
4. I will not be tempted to drink Bigfoot Java constantly (that shit is GOOD!) +$50
5. I will be happier, so I will drink less (DRINKING IS EXPENSIVE!) +$200
6. I will be eating out less and drinking less, so hopefully I will lose weight +pricele$$
Total butt-saving costs: $725
Of course, I'll have to pay for my own health insurance. Among a million other things. But I feel good. So so good.
On September 7th the journey will really begin!