Monday, April 11, 2011

New Phone

While on vacation, I spilled moped oil all over my phone.  Lame.  Not fun.  I needed a new phone, and immediately. 

My phone plan is a family plan.  I send my Dad and Step Mom $63 a month for 1000 minutes and a data plan.  (Not bad at all!) 

One thing I feel good about is being able to buy the phone that I want when it's needed.  No, I didn't buy the cheap option.  I didn't get any deals.  I bought what I wanted when I needed it.  What helped this?

1.  An emergency fund.  Enough said. 

2.  I am not a mindless upgrader.  I will normally run my phone until the death.  Granted, my old phone still worked, but only on speaker.  While that wasn't death, I do have some standards.  Otherwise, I would've kept with my original phone for a while, even though it was having some other problems. 

3.  Thought.  I have been contemplating the new phone purchase for months, so when it was time, I knew what I wanted and how much I was willing to pay. 

Though it was an expensive venture, I'm happy with the new phone and how it went down.  What can sometimes be a crisis for another person went off swimmingly for me. 

1 comment:

sadia jahan said...

What a great idea, new phone!! Interesting topic what you have shared with us. Your writing skill is really very appreciative. I love when you share your views through the best articles.Keep sharing and posting articles like these.This article has helped me a lot.Keep posting this stuff.Sadia jahan recently posted help with credit card debt