Saturday, October 9, 2010

Diva Cups

I haven't bought a tampon in two and a half years. 

All thanks to the Diva Cup. 

I even had to go back in my posts to see if I had written about the Diva Cup before.  I haven't. 

It's a little messy, but it's environmentally friendly and also it's ALWAYS ON YOU!  Well, not always, but for the majority of your cycle.  When I used tampons I would always forget them and would have to run out and buy them during my lunch break or whatevs. 






Just make sure you boil it after every cycle.  I've also found soaking it in peroxide for a few hours helps bring it back to the lovely clear color. 

The livejournal community on menstrual cups is pretty damn good for info on it: 

http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups/profile

And if your a huge hippie, you can add the fact that you're not supporting "the man: when buying tampons!  Woohoo!

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

heck yes. I have used the diva cup for a couple of years.... I would not want to go back. It certainly took a lot of getting used to at first, but I like the fact that I'm not accumulating garbage throughout my period. And I find it more comfortable than pads or tampons really.