Monday, September 6, 2010

Recent Side of the Road Finds

Haven't shared my side of the road finds for a while.  There has been some good stuff. 

A couple of weeks ago I found a whole bunch of things, the most significant being a really nice 13x8 Pyrex casserole dish.  I've been borrowing my friend's for a long time now (thanks Chaddles!) and now can return it since I have my own. 


In that same spot, I also found some beautiful vintage-y silverware (well, not SILVER ware, but you get the point) that beats the shit out of the horrible flatware I purchased at Target a year ago that is getting grungy and falling apart.  I photographed the new ones to try to get some of the details:






The cool thing is that they're almost all different, from a variety of different sets.  I love the feel of that. 

That batch of stuff also had a matching set of four shot glasses.  Cute!


Not that I take shots all that often (hah!) but they'll be nice for new years and such.

Tonight I found the following stuff:   

The little electronic looking thing is an Mp3 player.  I don't know if it works, but it's worth a try. 

After doing all this I need to weed out some stuff that I already have--I don't want to become a hoarder!  I do pretty well, though, keeping my place neat and organized. 

It's back to school time, and of course I want to be updating more.  We'll see.  Love to all my loyal readers!

2 comments:

BlueAmiah3 said...

Personally, I would feel weird eating with forks found on the side of the road... also, how do you FIND them?

Amber Dawn said...

those shot glasses are to die for.
And hey, it doesn't matter if its been on the side of the road as long as you wash it before you use it.