Saturday, July 31, 2010

Small Step #1: Gas Transaction Fee



My finances are looking bleaker as time goes on.  Maybe it's just because it's summer and business is slow, maybe it's because of the new car and my expenses are going up.  It's time for me to make some conscious small steps to get back on track.  Today:  eliminating that gas transaction fee.

I buy most of my gas at AMPM (Arco) because it's cheap.  Maybe not the best gas around, but I've never had any problems with it.  The thing that gets me the most is the 45 cent transaction fee.  Since I roll with debit almost all of the time and they don't take credit, I can't get away from it.

So I am signing up for their damn card.  Arco Debit Mastercard.  Links right to your checking account.  You can buy gas and eliminate the fee.  You can also get rewards for using it, but not on gas, go figure.  I may consider using it for other debit purchases, but we'll see how well it serves me, first. 

Total Savings:  About $2.25 per month.  Ramit would kill me, but it's something, right?

No comments: