Monday, April 26, 2010

Halfway there?




As you can see by my Chevy Malibu chart, I am halfway to my savings goal!  Each of those little squares that are filled in means that I have saved $100.  Because there are 40 squares filled in, it means I have saved $4000.  Yay! 

I was so excited to be halfway there.  Finally I would get my 2005 or 2006 Malibu, probably by October!  But, here's the thing.  My coworker's husband got a 2010 Malibu.  It is so nice and fancy.  It has three gloveboxes and all this cool stuff. 

I got to thinking--maybe I COULD HAVE A FANCY MALIBU TOO.  Can I be patient enough to save for a newer one?  How much will it pain me to drive my 1992 Geo Prizm for another year past my savings goal date (November of 2010, originally).  If it is this easy to asve $4000, why not go for $12,000?  Or more?

So, I have decided that I am going to save indefinitely.  I am going to save until I can't stand the sight of my Geo anymore.  I am going to save until I am content to buy a car that I will be happy driving for 10-15 years.  Or until someone rear ends my car.  Or until my car has a repair that is more than it's total value and I have to buy a new one. 

Another interesting option:  parents may give me an interest free loan if I find the Malibu of my dreams.  I'm going to try to avoid this, but if the Geo dies before I'm able to save a good amount, well, then...we'll see. 

Time for breakfast. 

No comments: