Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weekend Food




Hi Loyal Ruling at Lifers!

It's been a while. Why has it been? Well, basically because I'm trying to make my life better AWAY from the internet lately. I'm pretty addicted, but it's getting much better when I focus my efforts elsewhere. This means I've been running a little bit, feng-shui-ing my home, going to the library, thinking about my new car that I will buy by my 27th birthday, and baby-sitting for wonderful families.

Anyway, I have still been trying to rule at life. You know, "living cheaply and efficiently without sucking." My realization of the past month or so: I eat in restaurants WAY TOO MUCH on the weekends.

Now, of course, I'm all for restaurants. Love them. They are great social experiences. But. Some weekends I get super into it and eat at three different restaurants. Not normally, but since I was on "winter break mode" I never really got out.

Part of it is because I'm out and about and hungry. Part of it is because I'm out with peers. Part of it is because I don't have anything quick, easy and fun in my fridge.

This weekend I decided to try and remedy this. Last night I went to Bougie World (aka Whole Foods) and got some buffalo meat for five dollars. I came home and browned it up. I put half in a tupperware for later in the week when I will make tacos. I put the other half into a huge pot of pasta, tomato sauce, spinach and onions.

I will now eat that pasta for the remainder of the weekend and maybe for lunch on Monday.

This isn't to say I won't eat out at all this weekend. I probably will. But I'm aiming for once instead of a lot of times.

I can do this because I like pasta. This particular batch includes a lean protein and some vegetables. It's whole wheat, so it's probably healthier. I ate some before acupuncture and I'll eat a little more before babysitting. Having something around makes eating out a lot less tempting. The fact that it's already in a pot in my fridge makes it fairly effortless to prepare.

That's my advice for the day. I'll let you know how it goes!

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

That sounds really good.

I ruled at lyfe today by making my own weekend brunch. As you know, that NEVER happens, because we always go out for it. I cooked up some kale, broccoli, and shallots in a frying pan then added three eggs to make a bomb ass scramble, and put a slice of bread on the side.

Totally filling, totally healthy, and TOTES cheap.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I make money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my web site to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were around 180 bucks everwhere. But finally I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that particular model. The prices as regards the velcros are about 210 dollars everwhere. But finally I base this location selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that singular make. The prices for the boots are all over 250 dollars on every site. But completely I found this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you say about it?