Friday, August 7, 2009

Two Days.


I ate lunch out two days this week.

I am kind of bad.

Normally I am so good about bringing my lunch. Mostly leftovers. Make a big dinner for myself, save part of it for the next day. Good? Good.

But this week, things were dragging. I don't even know how it happened. On Tuesday I brought a lunch--some of last week's chili from a huge batch that I made.

Then my coworker interfered. He invited me to McDonald's. I had to go. I mean, I didn't HAVE to, but I love me some McDonald's, as long as it's every once in a while.

It was good, too. I savored my burger, and my chicken nuggets, and my fries. Well, maybe I didn't SAVOR the burger--I guess I ate it kind of fast. But it was good.

Wednesday came and I ate Tuesday's chili. It was good.

Then Thursday came along and I forgot a lunch again. Wednesday night was busy--acupuncture, vegan soft serve with a friend, and then drinks out with more friends. I gave in again and had some KFC.

Today, though, I did well. Last night allowed no time for anything--I worked all day and then had a babysitting job all night. At the babysitting job I had some lovely dinner, but of course I couldn't bring any home. (Well, I guess I COULD have, but that's just tacky and wrong. Pretty much stealing.) So today I took my favorite combination of ingredients and threw them in a bag for work:

1. Tortillas
2. Spinach
3. Avocado
4. Mustard

I then bought some lunch meat at the store and made my favorite wraps. They are yummy, simple, and very nutritious.

There is no moral to the story, exactly. Some weeks are better than other. Most of my weeks are excellent when it comes to lunch packing--I think this is the first time I've ever had lunch out more than twice in a work week. I would practice next week, too, but I'll be on vacation! That's when it will be time to splurge with my vacation fund. I'll tell you all about that soon.

NOTE: That is not me in the photo. But I wish it was. Yum.

No comments: