Monday, July 13, 2009

Costco.

Today I went to Costco.

Keep in mind that I do not have a membership. Even so, I can reap many benefits from going to Costco.

1. Prescriptions. Costco has the most inexpensive prescriptions that I have found. You do not need to be a member to use their pharmacy. Just tell them that you're going to the pharmacy if they try to check your card when you go in.

2. Free samples. Self explanatory. Great for while you are waiting for your prescription to be filled.

3. Cheap food court. A hot dog and a soda for $1.50. It's cash only, but still amazing, because it is cheap and you do not have to be a member. A great place to sit, eat and people watch while you wait for your prescription.

I also take time to look around and see if there is anything that I need. Usually there is not. However, if I do find something that I really need or want, I will HAVE to think about it before buying it. This is because you can't buy items without a Costco card, which can force intentionality. If there is something I absolutely need, I must go out of my way to find someone with a card, have them accompany me to the store, and have them buy the item so that I can pay them back. Pain in the ass. Rarely happens.

Anyway, an afternoon spent at Costco is usually one well spent. Cheaply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and I'm sure you don;t buy their hotdogs because you have your own- in your thermos!

you rock!

Angela

Anonymous said...

fyi, you can buy stuff at costco without a membership if you have a costco gift card. you can just go to the customer service counter and they'll give you a temporary member number.