Sunday, November 23, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For...


Because it might just be on the side of the road!

I have found so many great things that I have wanted or needed on the side of the road within the past couple months. I know I have already written an entry about this, but I have found even MORE great stuff, so I had to share.

Within the past nine days, I have found...

A barstool. I really needed a barstool! I have a bar in my kitchen/dining area, but no stool. The one I found isn't beautiful, but it is functional.

A crock pot! My mom actually already bought me one for Christmas, but when I found one on the side of the road, I couldn't resist. I picked it up and plugged it in (it works!) and will give it to a friend. It does need a liner, which could prove challenging, but we'll see.

A pizza cutter! I just found one of these this morning. Just was I was thinking that I needed to go to the dollar store to pick one up.

I also found some kitchen knives this morning. This is helpful, because I only have one at my house.

Also, on the day after Halloween I found an AMAZING bookshelf less than a block from my house. It is one of those "cube" bookshelves--EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Anyway, now that I have found all this stuff that I need, I have learned something: sometimes it pays to wait. It's better not to buy things. Just wait for them to come to you....

No comments: